Liam is a Disputed Wills and Trusts Lawyer with over eight years experience specialising in
this field. He is experienced in advising on all aspects of private wealth disputes, including
acting for beneficiaries, executors, trustees (both private and professional) and trust
Liam has successfully dealt with all manner of disputes within the private wealth sphere,
including trust disputes, Will validity disputes, claims under the Inheritance (Provision For
Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and Court of Protection disputes.
Notable cases in which he has been involved include:
- acting for the successful claimant in the case of Martin v Williams  EWHC (Ch);
- acting on behalf of a minor beneficiary in a claim for breach of trust and the removal
of a trustee, with cross border elements;
- obtaining Summary Judgment against a defendant in a Probate Claim, a remedy
which is rarely given in such cases; and
- succeeding in a number of Proprietary Estoppel claims involving agricultural property.
Before joining Rothley Law, Liam joined Shoosmiths in March 2022 as a Principal Associate following five years at Clarion Solicitors and four years at Irwin Mitchell LLP.
- Recommended lawyer 2023 Legal 500 Contentious trusts and probate