Mandeep qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and joins from national law firm Shoosmiths whom she was with since 2013. She is part of the Disputed Wills and Trusts team.
Mandeep acts for claimants, defendants and executors in a wide range of disputes:
- challenges to the validity of a Will;
- claims for reasonable financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family
and Dependents) Act 1975;
- professional negligence arising out of negligent Will drafting or estate
- rectification and construction claims;
- removal of executors;
- trust disputes; and
- proprietary estoppel claims.
Mandeep’s work highlights include:
- acting for a claimant in a multi million pound dispute in a proprietary estoppel claim involving a family farm;
- acting for a beneficiary of a multi million pound family trust where there was a dispute between the beneficiaries and trustees regarding the administration of the trust and maintenance of trust property;
- acting for a claimant in a rectification claim where the Will failed to give effect to the testatrix’s intentions;
- acting for a claimant in the removal of an executor of her late father’s estate;
- defending a claim for reasonable financial provision being made by a cohabitee;
- acting for an adult child in a claim for reasonable financial provision;
- acting for a claimant in a professional negligence claim arising out of the negligent administration of a trust; and
- acting for a claimant challenging the validity of her late mother’s Will on the grounds of undue influence.
Mandeep is based in the Reading office but acts for clients nationally and internationally.
Mandeep is a member of the Institute for Legacy Management (ILM).
- Associate to watch 2023 Chambers and Partners High Net Worth Guide: Private Wealth Disputes 1 year